- Graduation and Commencement Home
- Apply to Graduate
- Verification of Degree Conferral
- Graduation - FAQs
- Future Commencement Dates
- Registrar Home
Diplomas are mailed about six weeks after graduation. It bears your name, graduation date, degree, primary major, degree honors (ex: graduation with distinction or Honors College degrees), the university's seal and official signatures. Second majors, options, and minors are not reflected on the diploma but will be shown on your official transcript
- All transcript holds must be cleared before you receive your diploma. Login to Self Service to view your holds (under "Student Records").
- Diplomas are distributed according to the delivery method you indicated on your graduation application (ex: mail, pick-up, third party pick up, express). You can review your diploma delivery method by viewing your submitted graduation application in Self Service.
- Students may change their diploma delivery method by submitting a completed Diploma Delivery Change Request Form to the Office of the Registrar (322 Student Union on the Stillwater Campus).
- Presentation of a valid ID is required to pick up a diploma.
Undergraduates can earn a level of distinction based upon their final cumulative graduation/retention GPA. The level of the distinction is based on the following criteria:
Cumulative Graduation/Retention GPA Distinction 3.90 to 4.00 summa cum laude 3.80 to 3.89 magna cum laude 3.70 to 3.89 cum laude
GPA calculations to determine these levels of distinction use two decimal places only and do not round up (ex: a GPA of 3.689 does not qualify for the cum laude distinction).
- Students receive one diploma per earned degree at OSU. A single degree with two majors results in one diploma which lists the primary major only. Second majors, options, and minors are reflected on the official transcript
- Diplomas requiring express or international mail delivery require use of the eShipGlobal mailing service. Visit https://study.eshipglobal.com for mailing instructions.
To reorder a diploma, you will need to complete a diploma reorder request. The cost of replacement diplomas is $35. To reorder, select one of the following:
1. Current & Former Students with an Active O-Key Account
o Login to Self Service
o Select Student Records from the Student tab
o Select Request Duplicate Diploma and complete the order
2. Former Students without an Active O-Key Account
o Former students may order a duplicate diploma through the Alternate Reorder option.
o Create an account and complete the order process.